Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

brush/ comb (or whatever you call it) every other day. It helps a little but my dogs hair falls out alot ...he has long white hair so it it like sticks to my clothes and gets everywhere...my mom doesnt even want him inside the house since my brother has asthma and he gets sick beacause of my dog...



how do I fix the dogs hair problem?



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

This may be normal shedding (you wouldn't believe how much my dog sheds!) especially with spring coming up, but it might be a good idea to have the dog checked out by the vet just to be sure. A good diet is very important. I have been told that if your dog food has corn in it, it will make them shed more... If you would like more info about foods, e-mail me. Brushing will certainly help so absolutely do it often. In addition, to prevent exacerbation of your brother's symptoms, you should try to keep the dog out of your brother's bedroom, off of furniture, and (as much as is practical) away from common areas of the house where your brother may spend a lot of time. You should also clean up very frequently after your dog... vacuum the carpets and furniture, dust, use a lint roller on your clothes, etc. to show your mom that you are serious about keeping your brother healthy and doing what it takes to keep the dog indoors.



On the other hand, if your brother is having a lot of problems due to the dog, it may be absolutely necessary to either keep the dog outside, or find another home for your dog. Asthma can be very serious. Good luck!



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

You can't. Dogs shed, so you can't just MAKE it stop shedding. Just buy yourself a lint brush.



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

Shave it off, there is no other way!



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

Duct Tape.



Seriously though, some types of dogs shed and others don't. Its most likely not a condition but a natural thing. Just brush it a lot. And if allergies are an issue i suggest that your next dog be one that doesn't shed.



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

give the dog a bath regularly..and there is this stuff that you can get at pet shops that reduces the amound of hair loss...but you can never actually stop hair loss...



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

Getting the dog groomed regulary can help prevent this, his diet could be an issue getting him to the vet to determine this would be better. There are many contributing factors as to why dogs shed and its not just because its "natural"



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

Take it to the DR and see what the deal is..



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

You can't without shaving him.



Take him to be groomed.



There are specialty products designed to minimize effects on asthmatic/allergic people.



I had to use a dander spray on my Persian when I was young because it caused me to have asthma attacks, it wasn't the fur itself.



Wash, brush, groom.



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

I think you will have to keep the dog outside more. Most Dogs shed this time of year. It sounds like you have a sib. husky. I have two of my own, and one of a friends over everyday to visit. Thats a lot of hair.



I use a horse brush and kerry out th hair. Then the dog brush and a broom in the kitchen after they eat and go back outside.



This will last tell about apr. first, it will happen agin in the summer when we get heat, and then the lite hair falls out, and the fur grows back again.



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

Combing him every other day is a great start, but you need to find out why the shedding is so bad...If you're feeding a grocery store food, this will cause excessive shedding...The FIRST ingredient of any quality food should be protien (animal protien, preferrably poultry or lamb, soy protien is of no use to a dog)...If you're feeding an inferior food, your dog will shed WAY more than if you're feeding a quality food...Plus, with a quality food, you're dog will eat less of it ecause his nutritional needs are being met...So you're really not spending any more money.. :-)



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

All dogs shed some, some more than others. If you think your dog is shedding excessively (can be caused by nervous conditions or health problems), take him to the vet.



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

Sometimes you can't. Dogs shed, and that's all there is to it. But you can help cut down the shedding by feeding your dog a good, high quality dog food that doesn't have any grains in it. There are several brands available, such as Innova Evo, Eagle Natural Pack Holistic, Canidae, etc. Many dogs are allergic to the grains used in ordinary off-the-grocery-store-shelf dog foods, and those allergies cause flaky skin and/or heavy shedding. And if you could brush him every single day instead of every other day, it would be a big help.



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

try a shedding blade instead of a brush



Dog hair falls out ... how do I fix this?

there isn't much you can do about it, he is probably just hot and getting rid of his winter coat

No comments:

Post a Comment