Thursday, October 8, 2009

I am a white girl with black peoples hair. Thick curly and frizzy. I need help controling it. Its ve

My hair is so curly, people ask me if i have a spiral perm. I want to wear it straight sometimes but it has no weight to it. Most people look for products NOT to weigh their hair down. Not me!! I have used mousses,gels, 24/7 creme, frizzease, nothing really works. HELP!!!!!!



I am a white girl with black peoples hair. Thick curly and frizzy. I need help controling it. Its ver flyaway?

Remington have a Straightening Iron, then use Pantene Oil treatment.



I am a white girl with black peoples hair. Thick curly and frizzy. I need help controling it. Its ver flyaway?

I have a friend whose daughter has the same problems. She has her hair permed, which relaxes the frizz and puts a different curl into it.



I have seen it with and without the perm.



Without it looks nappy and frizzy



with it looks sleek and curly - but not too curly



I am a white girl with black peoples hair. Thick curly and frizzy. I need help controling it. Its ver flyaway?

I have thick curly hair too. I like to use organic Olive Oil products. You can also try Garnier Frutise Sleek and shine or get a light relaxer for children, depending on how course you hair is. There is a lady by the name of Macherie Moore on youtube, she has very helpful tips. The best thing I suggest is to try lots of different products to find which is best for you. By the way, the reason why it flys away is because your hair isn't moisturized enough. Try different types of moisturizers too. I hope this helps. Good luck.



I am a white girl with black peoples hair. Thick curly and frizzy. I need help controling it. Its ver flyaway?

FLAT IRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I am a white girl with black peoples hair. Thick curly and frizzy. I need help controling it. Its ver flyaway?

get it relaxed and keep it moisturized so you won't get frizziness.



I am a white girl with black peoples hair. Thick curly and frizzy. I need help controling it. Its ver flyaway?

half my family has that problem. Since we're Jewish, we call it the Jew-fro (think Kyle from South Park- red, frizzy, and puffy).



The easiest way to make your hair manageable is to have it straightened at a salon. They can get it really straight and soft, and you don't have to mess with it for a while. The downside is that chemical straightening can be damaging and expensive, you'll need to retouch it every 4-6 weeks, and it's difficult if you decide you feel like wearing your hair curly.



If you decide to straighten it at home, start with a good moisturizing shampoo made for curly hair, then use a leave in-conditioner and straightening balm or lotion (they are slightly heavier than mousse). Towel dry your hair, but be very gentle- don't pull or tug, because it'll get tangled.



Then blow-dry it using a very large brush to get it somewhat straight and manageable. Take smaller sections of hair, and pull them gently with the brush while you're drying it



Finally, straighten it using a straightening iron (thicker is better for your hair). finish with shine spray



I am a white girl with black peoples hair. Thick curly and frizzy. I need help controling it. Its ver flyaway?

My recommendation is to stop using shampoo, but instead, cleanse with conditioner. Everything on your head is sterile until you let it grow bacteria. Gently massage all parts of your scalp with a good conditioner. Then, put a good amount on your hair and comb through it with your fingers. Don't panic if lots of hairs come out, it is normal to loose up to 100 hairs a day. The one thing to look for in conditioner is Pantheonal. I recommend using Proclaim with Olive Oil conditioners. If you stop the shampooing habit, you will notice in 2-3 weeks, that your hair looks a million times better and less frizzy. Another tip to less frizz is to try to towel try all the water you can out of your hair after your take a shower.



Then, if you want to wear your hair curly, get a clear styling gel. Flip your head over, and scrunch your hair while it is still damp. Then, scrunch each section of your hair while your head is the right way up. Then, with a very light hand, put a little bit of gel on the firzzy parts.



Seriously, the shampoo thing does work. I was very skeptic when I first tried it, but now that i do, I love it.



I am a white girl with black peoples hair. Thick curly and frizzy. I need help controling it. Its ver flyaway?

join http://www.naturallycurly.com their message board is really good and its a site geared towards curly haired woman.



You might also want to start using less shampoo and just start co-washing twice a week with a once a week deep conditon. Aubrey organics makes a really good anti-frizz conditioner and cheap conditioners like suave and Vo5 are good co-wash conditioners. You could also dabble into black hair care.



whatever you do, do NOT get a chemical straightner because a) you'll miss your curls b) you ever decided you want to wear your natural curls you have to grow off the relaxer and that means cutting off your hair and starting over c) if you do not know how to properly take care of a relaxer your hair can get severly damaged. The chemical process alone will dry your hair out its up to you to constantly replenish the moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment