Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Baby's hair?

My son made rather a surprising appearence last year,as he was born with nearly a full head of white hair,it certainly took the doctor and nurses by surprise as both my wife and I have black hair.This wasn't that much of a shock to me though as I had an Aunt who was also born with white hair,however by the time she was 1 it had turned decidedly silver blonde.It's been just over a year now and despite the usual hair loss that babies have it has all grown back in pure white.His skin and eye pigmentation is "normal" and he seems happy/healthy and full of life so what could have caused this,is it likely to darken to blonde over time,is it something we should worry about from a medical point of view?



Baby's hair?

so what if his hair is white??? Is he healthy? That's what matters!!



Baby's hair?

My husband was a "towhead" until he was 10. It started to darken a bit after that, and now at 24 he's almost brown haired.



It's just your son's genes. No specific time frame for his hair to change. Some people's hair never darkens.



Baby's hair?

Yes...



I was born with Platinum blonde hair.



And by the time I was 4 my hair was a regular blonde colour.



It just takes time. He's still growing into his little body.



And if it doesn't, don't worry. He'll have beautiful light hair... That isn't a bad thing...



Baby's hair?

my hair was so strawberry blonde my mom said it looked pink!then it went blonde and now that i am older it is a dark brown.so just give it time and it will darken.



Baby's hair?

White hair is only cause for concern if skin and eye pigmentation is also affected (albinism). Many children have white-blonde hair. Your son's hair will probably darken as he gets older, but he may always have blonde hair.



Baby's hair?

My grandparents both had dark brown to black hair and their first two sons came out w/dark hair and my dad, the youngest, came out w/snow white hair. One of the older boys now has really blonde hair and my dad now is a mixture of black/gray..lol..but I've seen pictures and my dad had blonde hair for several years before it started to darken. I was born and for the first 5-6 years my hair was almost white too and now if I was to let my natural hair color come out..it is a medium brown.



Baby's hair?

Most likely just a recessive trait showing up,



but has he been tested for vitamin B12 deficiency/ pernicious anemia, just in case?



That can cause white hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment